Friday 18 March 2011

Film Blog 2010 - Easy To Write; Boring To Read

Thought I would write on my blog again. Easiest blog I can do is to go onto a website listing all the cinema releases from 2010 and pick out all the films I've seen, as well as the films that passed me by that I'd still like to see, and write a quick spiel on them:

http://www.filmdetail.com/2010/01/14/uk-cinema-releases-2010/

Kick-Ass
I laughed so hard when the wee girl gets shot. The warehouse sequence was immense. Laura took me to see this. I was so chuffed. Great film.

Date Night
Thought it was going to be a bit funnier, but still pretty good.

The Losers
Seemed like a cheaper version of the A-Team. Such a B-Movie, but leave your brain behind kind of fun action movie. Good show. Thought it was clever in parts actually.

Iron Man 2
Not as good as Iron Man. Bit of a let down.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Time to hand in the man card: I actually enjoyed this.

Inception
Blew my mind. Pretty similar concept to The Matrix in my mind. I felt The Matrix had a better explanation for the technology. Loved the ideas in the movie.

Toy Story 3
Thought I would be scoffing all through this 'kids movie'. It was awesome. Hid the tears in the cinema.

The A-Team
Thought this was going to be lame. It wasn't too shabby! Some genuinely funny bits and as expected, great dumb action sequences and pretty explosions.

The Other Guys
Caught this on DVD recently. It's hilarious. Very interesting end credits.


Still to watch:

Machete
This looks like insane, over-the-top gratuitous action. So 'over the top action it's funny' is the best action. The trailer sold it to me.

RED
Old actors kicking ass! Laura even said she wanted to see this. I have a lot of time for Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren.

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps
Apparently a pretty mediocre movie. I'm just interested in the dynamics of the stock exchange. How boring is that.

The Social Network
Can't believe this passed me by. Seems like a pretty big deal. Better watch it.

No comments: